Air announced on Tuesday that it will add 19 new seasonal
routes in 2019.
- The new routes will serve destinations such as
Charleston, South Carolina; Destin-Fort Walton Beach, Florida;
Knoxville, Tennessee; Nashville, Tennessee; Savannah, Georgia; and
- In many of the smaller destinations, Allegiant will go
up against the basic economy offerings from mainline carriers such
- Allegiant is offering discounted tickets such as $38
from Orlando to Nashville and $39 from Las Vegas to Los
Allegiant Air is expanding.
On Tuesday, the Nevada-based ultra-low-cost carrier announced
that it will add 19 new seasonal routes this year.
To kick off its new routes, the airline is offering discounts
with some one-way flights
available for as little as $38.
The new routes will mainly serve airports in the Southeastern
United States. However, Allegiant also announced new routes to Los
Angeles International Airport.
“We’re excited to continue our growth in 2019 by adding 19 new
route options to the Allegiant network,” Drew Wells, Allegiant vice
president of planning and revenue, said in a statement. “We know
customers will love having new nonstop travel options out of their
hometown airport to fun destinations just in time for summer
Unlike most of its rivals, Allegiant isn’t a standalone airline.
It’s actually the airline arm of the publicly traded Allegiant
Travel Company and targets mainly budget-conscious leisure
travelers. In fact, the airline’s network is set up to connect
secondary cities in the Northeast and the Midwest with holiday
destinations in the Southeast and the West Coast.
As a result, Allegiant’s traditional rivals tend to be other
ultra-low-cost carriers like Spirit and Frontier. However, the
airline’s expansion into smaller regional markets such as the
Florida Panhandle; Knoxville, Tennessee; Savannah, Georgia; and
Charleston, South Carolina pits Allegiant against the basic economy
fares from major mainline carriers like American, Delta, and
Allegiant Air had been criticized for operating an aging fleet
of McDonnell Douglas MD-80 series airliners. However, the carrier
has since overhauled its fleet with Airbus A320-family jets.
According to AirFleets.net,
Allegiant boast an average fleet age of 12.9 years, on part with
Delta and United.
Stand out introductory one-way fares include $38 from Orlando,
Florida to Nashville, Tennessee and $39 from Las Vegas, Nevada to
The new routes are expected to launch in between the Middle of
May and the beginning of June. The introductory discount tickets
must be purchased by Wednesday, February 13 for travel by August
The new Allegiant seasonal routes include:
Flights to Charleston, South Carolina:
- Columbus, Ohio via Rickenbacker International Airport (LCK) –
beginning June 7, 2019.
Flights to Destin-Fort Walton Beach,
- Des Moines, Iowa via Des Moines International Airport (DSM) –
beginning May 16, 2019.
- Little Rock, Arkansas via Bill and Hillary Clinton National
Airport (LIT) – beginning May 17, 2019.
- Shreveport, Louisiana via Shreveport Regional Airport (SHV) –
beginning May 17, 2019.
- Wichita, Kansas via Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National
Airport (ICT) – beginning June 5, 2019.
- Rockford, Illinois via Chicago Rockford International Airport
(RFD) – beginning June 5, 2019.
- Huntington, West Virginia via Huntington Tri-State Airport
(HTS) – beginning June 6, 2019.
- Toledo, Ohio via Toledo Express Airport (TOL) – beginning
June 7, 2019.
Flights to Knoxville, Tennessee:
- Pittsburgh via Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) –
beginning May 17, 2019.
Flights to Los Angeles, California:
- Bozeman, Montana via Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport
(BZN) – beginning June 5, 2019.
- Las Vegas via McCarran International Airport (LAS) –
beginning June 5, 2019.
Flights to Nashville, Tennessee:
- Cleveland, Ohio via Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
(CLE) – beginning May 16, 2019.
- Allentown, Pennsylvania via Lehigh Valley International Airport
(ABE) – beginning May 17, 2019.
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa via Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) – beginning
May 17, 2019.
- Orlando, Florida via Orlando Sanford International Airport
(SFB) – beginning May 17, 2019.
- Bentonville, Arkansas via Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport
(XNA) – beginning June 6, 2019.
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via Harrisburg International Airport
(MDT) – beginning June 6, 2019.
Flights to Savannah, Georgia/Hilton Head, South
- Albany, New York via Albany International Airport (ALB) –
beginning June 6, 2019.
- Providence, Rhode Island via T.F. Green Airport (PVD) –
beginning June 6, 2019.
Source: FS – All-Travel destinations-News
Allegiant Air is selling tickets for as little as on 19 new routes, and its expansion could be bad news for American, Delta, and United (ALGT)